Friday, April 3, 2020

Day 18

Heyy!

Day 18: La Peinture. (that's French for "The Painting". i looked it up)

Sooooo a prettyyyy important part of this opening is the painting that the main character is going to be creating.

I've been trying to avoid this post for a long time because I am not an artist in that way and therefore the painting will not be the best.

So here are my 2 very similar options for the painting:
I know they look weird but there's an explanation.

Option 1:

There's a man and a woman staring at a faceless head. The head has lots of hearts and moons. Hearts stand for love and a crescent moon stands for a dream that will turn to reality, something that's growing. What Aaron is trying to say through this painting is: You fall in love with someone because of their heart and their soul. BUT I messed up the symbols. I was supposed to put a butterfly -which represents the soul- and I put the moon. I remembered at the end and I put a little butterfly on the person's neck lol. That's why this one's wrong, but I still like it I think it's interesting.







Option 2: 

There's a man and a woman staring at a butterfly, which represents the soul, they are "love struck" because they saw a soul, not gender, not looks, not status. A soul. That's what Aaron is trying to say.
 *The lines are guides for where the butterfly is actually supposed to be.












Sorry if these are simple in drawing terms it's just that I am really not good at it. These aren't supposed to be perfect portraits though, they're supposed to be like that because that's all I can do lol. I tried to play more with symbolism which I really love.

Fun fact: the drafts that I will be using as my set design are the drafts that I did to get to this. 

Colors:
I'm using this chart for color symbolism: 



I know I'm gonna use red in specific parts because it represents love and passion, two things Aaron wants to transmit.
I'm also gonna use violet for the butterfly because it represents power, so it would represent how powerful a soul can be.
And the background I don't know yet. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Day 30

Day 30: CCR. https://drive.google.com/open?id=1tfVM6_rakKxn2QJRwaJ2S99O33TUaMNh Okay... it has all come to an end! Maybe I'l...